Fishing methods that give the best results change throughout the season, so first of all, keep an eye on our Bill’s Lake France Facebook page for what is working in the lead up to your holiday. Over the last few seasons we have noticed that catch rates have increased by fishing over beds of chopped boilies with or without particle to mix it up a bit. Yellow baits and toppers for snowman rigs work very well on all the lakes. Fishing with Zig rigs can be particularly successful in the summer months. The use of black foam, for some reason, seems to be very effective, even fished at night! (The best time to cut a chunk out of your mate’s crocs!).
A lot of the bigger fish are caught by hitting single bleeps, so don’t be afraid to hit single or double bleeps. Bite identification here is key. But by far the best advice we can give is to be patient! Leaving your rods in the water once you are happy with their position will produce the best results.
French Carp Lakes
Below is a list of tackle that we recommend you use when at Bill's Lakes to give you the best chance of catching and landing big French carp.
- Rods - 2.5lb to 3.5lb test curve rods.
- Line - 15lbs line mono, No braided main line. Make sure your spools are full up!
- End Tackle - 2-4oz leads, size 2/4/6/8/ hooks (strong pattern e.g FOX XS/ Nash Fang ES).
- Marker Rod - Make sure you know what your fishing over.
- Safety Weigh Sling - Nash/Trakker etc.
- Weigh Tripod - (Daiwa/Cygnet) We supply these f.o.c on the double swims on Bill's Lake 1.
- Proper Scales - Rubens Heatons.
Bait Boat Hire
Available to hire at Bill's Lake are Angling Technic Maicrocat MK3 bait boats. We have 5 of these available including a set of fully charged boat batteries and their own solar panels for you to keep them topped up. These are very popular and are booked on a first come, first served basis and as we only have 5 available make sure you reserve them for your holiday as early as possible.
We now supply the boat hire with a solar panel to keep the batteries topped up while you're not using them.
These are excellent for all baits including particles. Features include...
- Twin bait hoppers that can be individually or simultaneously opened.
- Microprocessor controlled variable speed in forward and reverse - spins on its own axis
- Remote lighting control - control the lighting at range
- Weight : 9kg
- Bait capacity : 2kg
Booking a Holiday
It's simple to get your carp fishing holiday sorted
Our holiday availability is live on our website so select your anglers and date and you can get an instant answer on screen back in seconds.