We really want you to catch the fish of your dreams so here are a few tips that might help you on your carp fishing holidays in France.
This lake has a pressured time during the season when people are on their carp fishing holidays in France. It sees a lot of different styles of fishing and many different presentations of bait and as you can imagine, some good some not so good! I am at the lake every day and see many, many fish being caught and generally it always seems to fall to the same tactics… KEEPING IT SIMPLE.
We would suggest you use a hardened hookbait on this lake due to nuisance fish. This is something we are getting on top of and should be rid of very soon! One of the best methods is by being patient and fishing to the same spots.First, find a spot you feel is a good place. Either a nice clear gravel patch or a little plateau. Then cast to that spot and mark your line so that you know the next time you are right on the spot. You can mark your line with power gum or even electrical tape so you get the distance right every time. The use of large amounts of bait is not recommended but by the use of little and often, regular catches will come. A lot of the fish come out over a bed of particles and Boilie. There are very few Bream in the lake to pester you. The use of bait boats again can be very advantagous as the far margins are over 100 meters away
French Carp Lakes
Below is a list of tackle that we recommend you use when at Bill's Lakes to give you the best chance of catching and landing big French carp.
- Rods - 2.5lb to 3.5lb test curve rods.
- Line - 15lbs line mono, No braided main line. Make sure your spools are full up!
- End Tackle - 2-4oz leads, size 2/4/6/8/ hooks (strong pattern e.g FOX XS/ Nash Fang ES).
- Marker Rod - Make sure you know what your fishing over.
- Safety Weigh Sling - Nash/Trakker etc.
- Weigh Tripod - (Daiwa/Cygnet) We supply these f.o.c on the double swims on Bill's Lake 1.
- Proper Scales - Rubens Heatons.
Bait Boat Hire
Available to hire at Bill's Lake are Angling Technic Maicrocat MK3 bait boats. We have 5 of these available including a set of fully charged boat batteries and their own solar panels for you to keep them topped up. These are very popular and are booked on a first come, first served basis and as we only have 5 available make sure you reserve them for your holiday as early as possible.
We now supply the boat hire with a solar panel to keep the batteries topped up while you're not using them.
These are excellent for all baits including particles. Features include...
- Twin bait hoppers that can be individually or simultaneously opened.
- Microprocessor controlled variable speed in forward and reverse - spins on its own axis
- Remote lighting control - control the lighting at range
- Weight : 9kg
- Bait capacity : 2kg
Booking a Holiday
It's simple to get your carp fishing holiday sorted
Our holiday availability is live on our website so select your anglers and date and you can get an instant answer on screen back in seconds.