Bill’s Lake 4 is the deepest of all the lakes. The margins are deep and very productive. Do not overlook the margins under your feet, the fish come in close on this lake.
The middle area of the lake is in fact shallower and this can be a productive area too. Yellow Pop Ups and Zigs have been very popular on this lake but the good old bottom bait takes its share too. Snowman and Ronnie Rigs work well. As on all the Lakes the use of a bait boat is king with the ability to be very precise in getting on the spots.
The use of Micro barbed hooks would be my suggestion and a size 4 or 6 would be good. Huge beds of baits I find are limited in their success with a gradual baiting campaign over the week proving the way to go. Any good quality Boilie will catch but remember that good presentation and precise bite indication will put fish on the bank.
French Carp Lakes
Below is a list of tackle that we recommend you use when at Bill's Lakes to give you the best chance of catching and landing big French carp.
- Rods - 2.5lb to 3.5lb test curve rods.
- Line - 15lbs line mono, No braided main line. Make sure your spools are full up!
- End Tackle - 2-4oz leads, size 2/4/6/8/ hooks (strong pattern e.g FOX XS/ Nash Fang ES).
- Marker Rod - Make sure you know what your fishing over.
- Safety Weigh Sling - Nash/Trakker etc.
- Weigh Tripod - (Daiwa/Cygnet) We supply these f.o.c on the double swims on Bill's Lake 1.
- Proper Scales - Rubens Heatons.
Bait Boat Hire
Available to hire at Bill's Lake are Angling Technic Maicrocat MK3 bait boats. We have 5 of these available including a set of fully charged boat batteries and their own solar panels for you to keep them topped up. These are very popular and are booked on a first come, first served basis and as we only have 5 available make sure you reserve them for your holiday as early as possible.
We now supply the boat hire with a solar panel to keep the batteries topped up while you're not using them.
These are excellent for all baits including particles. Features include...
- Twin bait hoppers that can be individually or simultaneously opened.
- Microprocessor controlled variable speed in forward and reverse - spins on its own axis
- Remote lighting control - control the lighting at range
- Weight : 9kg
- Bait capacity : 2kg
Booking a Holiday
It's simple to get your carp fishing holiday sorted
Our holiday availability is live on our website so select your anglers and date and you can get an instant answer on screen back in seconds.